Our dedicated team including our Executive Patient Coordinator and Nurse Practitioner will be your key contacts and will provide you with exceptional one-on-one service.
Prior to the Scheduled Appointment:
- You will be asked to complete an enrollment form with your contact details. This form will also provide the terms and conditions of the Executive Medical Assessment program
- We will then send a welcome email together with a medical questionnaire to the enrolled executive/client which allows our medical team to review all past medical history prior to the appointment date
- Upon registration in the program, clients will be provided with the contact details for their assigned Executive Patient Coordinator
- Your employer / payer will be invoiced the full cost plus HST of the Executive Medical Assessment
- Our Executive Patient Coordinator will then arrange the date and time of your Executive Medical Assessment and forward an introductory package which will include all patient preparation details
- EMC will arrange with the lab to have blood work drawn at the executive’s preferred location (including home or office, subject to certain restrictions), approximately one week prior to the appointment date. This ensures a full review takes place at the end of the day, rather than a partial review with lab results to be discussed after the fact
You will be greeted by our Executive Patient Coordinator in our main lobby and enjoy refreshments in our waiting area. You will then meet with our medical practitioner (either nurse practitioner or physician) to review your medical questionnaire, additional medical history, medications and be provided a head-to-toe assessment.
Our complete agenda will comprise medical services/diagnostic tests, a dedicated lounge with WIFI, a mid morning snack, lunch and a waiting area between appointments. Our Executive Patient Coordinator as well as a member of our medical team will be available throughout the testing.
If follow-up specialist medical appointments or diagnostic testing/procedures are recommended by the Executive Medical Assessment report, they will be referred to the client’s family physician for proper follow-up. EMC is not responsible for the client’s ongoing medical care.